Like their full-sized cousins, these mini stuffed peppers are juicy, flavorful, and as healthy as you care to make them. This is a very simple version, stuffed with a mix of seasoned ground beef, onions, and rice. Roasting them on the fire adds a smoky flavor that really complements the sweetness of the peppers.
- 9 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- Cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is nearly browned.
- Add garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and continue cooking until beef is cooked through.
- Stir rice into beef mixture, remove from heat.
- Cut the top off of each mini pepper, remove the seeds and membrane, and rinse.
- Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture and replace pepper top.
- Skewer the peppers from the bottom all the way through the top to keep everything together.
- Grill over medium heat, turning to grill each side evenly until peppers are soft and stuffing is heated through.