Chicken Cordon Bleu is my husband’s favorite thing, but with the weather so hot I can’t bring myself to turn on the oven. So we did some experimenting with grilling. Turns out, you can successfully grill the delicious little bundles! It’s all the great taste of traditional chicken cordon bleu without the 350 degree house.
- Chicken Breasts
- Swiss Cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Oven fry/Shake n’ Bake/Whatever breading you prefer
- Slice the chicken breasts in half and then pound them out so they’re thinner and easier to roll. Cut the breasts into smaller pieces (size depends on how big you want your rolls)
- Put a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on the chicken
- Roll into a small bundle and dip in the beaten egg
- Skewer onto a kebab stick to hold the bundle closed (repeat with the other pieces)
- Roll in breading. Sprinkle more breading on the places you can’t reach with rolling.
- Grill over medium heat until the bundles are nicely browned and the chicken is cooked through.
Dijon Parmesan Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- Chicken bouillon cube
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup parmesan, grated
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Add flour, stirring constantly, until you form a paste
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking to mix
- Add bouillon and a pinch of salt, if desired. Stir constantly as the sauce thickens.
- When the sauce is thickened and simmering, remove it from the heat and stir in dijon and parmesan cheese until combined and the cheese is melted.
- Pour over chicken skewers and serve warm