When it comes to food cooked on skewers, Mediterranean countries are notoriously good. When you’re in the mood for traditional Greek food, go for the easy and timeless chicken souvlaki. This chicken is easy to make and so delicious, especially when served over Greek rice or in a pita with onions, tomatoes, and tsatsiki.
- Chicken Breasts, cut into manageable pieces for skewering
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Put chicken and all other ingredients in a ziplock bag or tupperware container to marinate.
- Shake to combine, ensuring that each piece of chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Allow to marinate for at least four hours, or overnight.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through.